F-One Bandit XV
MOST WANTED AND STILL RUNNING
15 years after the birth of the first BANDIT, the F-ONE design team has once again put an astounding amount of work to create the best kiting experience for all riders. Jump higher, perform your favorite tricks at ease, improve your ride. The connection between the rider and the kite has never felt so natural.
- Impressive stability no matter the conditions
- Absolute control at all time
- Amazing responsiveness for epic sensations
- Precision flying with an excellent range and efficiency
- Improved boost, hangtime and kiteloops
- Effortless upwind abilities
The BANDIT is incredibly stable in the air, no matter what the wind is doing. Its fantastic control allows you to perform to a high level in all areas. The kite translates gusts into forward pull.
Improve your big air moves with the new BANDIT. The kite loop is quicker this year with a tighter turning radius, allowing you to dial in as much or as little intensity as you might want. You get a total support from your kite, therefore the landings are softer as you get that extra lift before you land.
The impressive instant steering response offers precision flying with the best balance between ease of input and feedback impulses from the kite. This results into a very linear feel with zero stalling. Experience the fabulous BANDIT feeling of the steering and the sheeting working so beautifully together.
The BANDIT XV offers improved hang time, pure jump height and vertical boost. It requires fewer skills and efforts to load the kite before sending it.
Going upwind is easy and comfortable, it will charge you back upwind after trying new tricks and big jumps!
Thanks to its legendary Delta C-Shape, the only still patented kite design, the kite offers incomparable bar feeling, the best relaunching ability and exceptional stability.
The leading edge has been redesigned with one more segment and a new diameter for optimum maneuverability and stability.
The new double vertical panel around the trailing edge, the double canopy trailing edge and the lighter Dacron between S1 and S2 offer the sleekest profile for the most stable flight.
Reinforcement and the construction overall has been improved to gain even more control.
Most Wanted for 15 years and still running, the BANDIT never fails to impress.
DELTA C-SHAPEDELTA C-SHAPE technology design offers unmatched stability and steering response when fully de-powered, with the possibility of connecting the front lines higher on the leading edge of the kite.DELTA C-SHAPE is a patented design used by F-ONE on all kites for the past 15 years.This shape was the result of a design research towards maximum optimization of the aerodynamic performances of the kite and of its depower. It gives the possibility to fit more canopy area in the middle sections to create more projected area while the C Shape makes sure the kite remains responsive and fluid.
REACTOR VALVE Our fast inflation & deflation valve.
FORCE FRAME Kites with extended de-power ranges sustain more pressure across the canopy as they experience an increased frequency of use over a wider wind range. Consequently F-ONE has developed a completely new structure for the Bandit, offering optimized durability with no additional weight gain. The FORCE FRAME is a solid Dacron structure consisting of the leading edge, the trailing edge and the struts. This high strength skeleton structure is then covered with lightweight Spy material in the least vulnerable areas.
TECHNOFORCE™ of TEIJIN is a high density Polyester fabric with a tear stopping structure using thin and high tension yarn.
- BACK LINE TUNING How to adjust the settings? SHEETED IN The back line is released and the forces go through the front connector. The bar pressure increases and the maneuvrability is less direct. It offers a very progressive bar with a feeling of a sheeted out back connector while we sheet in, therefore the pressure increases progressively. SHEETED OUT The kite tilts and the back line stiffens. The tensions move to the trailing edge which has several effects: – less flapping – better start – maneuvrability with less pressure. HIGH TENSION TUNING When the kite is sheeted out with the upper knot tuning (1): -kite’s maneuvrability increases -bar pressure reduces LOW TENSION TUNING When the kite is sheeted in with the lower knot tuning (2): – kite’s maneuvrability reduces – bar pressure increases
- FLAT SEWING Stronger assembly of the panels: they are now glued and sewn together to make the canopy more rip resistant.
- STREAMLINED LEADING EDGE END TIPS The leading edge tips benefit from a reduced diameter, they are streamlined to lower the drag and equipped with a strap to avoid bridle tangling
- VERTICAL STRUT CUT The kite’s struts are designed with a vertical cut in order to optimize the strength / diameter ratio.
- F-ONE PULLEY Pulley structure is extremely resistant. Bridle is integrated in the lower part of the pulley, working in its axis and not sideways.
Pulleys can be removed independently from the bridle, you can change the bridle and keep the pulley or vice versa.
- KEVLAR® REINFORCEMENT ON LEADING EDGE Most seams on the leading edge are protected with an abrasion-resistant Kevlar® fabric to prevent the seams from deteriorating when the kite’s profile is subjected to aggressive ground friction
- ONE PUMP COLLAR VALVE Easier to remove and put back.
Convenient for bladder replacement.
- SPIDER BRIDLE We have worked on a bridal system for the new BANDIT 2021. The Spider bridle is a multi point of connection well dispatched along the leading edge which offers a better control of the arc of the kite during the flight. The stability in all wind conditions is very impressive and pushes the high wind range to incredible limits.
- TEIJIN 130G DACRON RIPSTOP We have built our kites for 20 years in the most state-of-the-art cloth from Teijin’s factory in Japan.
They have developed the best technologies and quality material for our kites over the years. Teijin has worked on a few major developments with the double Ripstop on the canopy cloth and durability treatments. The kite industry was lacking choice of cloth density. We could build kites with a 52 gr per square meter for the canopy and about 160 gr for the leading edge, strut and reinforcements. Having only two choices was not easy because on some parts the 52 gr was too light and the 160 gr too heavy.
After developments and tests with Teijin we can now use a new Dacron 130 gr double Ripstop on our 2020 kites. By using that new 130 gr cloth, we have saved weight while keeping an excellent strength. The new BANDIT 2021 is more reactive and of course feels lighter, which is particularly important for the bigger sizes, in the light wind or for the turning speed during kiteloops.
For further information about Bandit 2021 click here